The Age Friendly model is being adopted in cities worldwide as a positive and inspiring framework that promotes active and healthy aging. Making cities more age-friendly is one of the most effective policy approaches for responding to demographic aging.
Age-friendly communities take into consideration the needs of all residents in the following areas:
1. Outdoor spaces and buildings
4. Social participation
5. Respect and social inclusion
6. Civic participation and employment
7. Communication and information
8. Community support and health services
Most important, the project builds on the skills, the abilities, the knowledge and the capacities of the senior population, of community organizations, and of numerous volunteers. It is grounded in the experience of seniors complemented by the expertise of service providers and experts.