The goals of the Housing Committee are to promote affordable housing choices and to advocate for quality housing for seniors in the City of Ottawa.
- Study and evaluate housing options for senior
- Work with the housing report created in the summer of 2016
- Provide input to the Federal Government’s National Housing Strategy on seniors housing.
- Track and assess policies that will affect housing for seniors
- Developed of a Report on Seniors Housing in the summer of 2016
- Informed and engaged the public in addressing housing issues by organizing a Housing Forum in 2008 with senior community members and developers to identify issues and obstacles.
- Updated the “Directory of Housing and Residences for Seniors” first published in 2006
- This committee is restructuring after a two-year hiatus. We are seeking members who have a significant interest in seniors housing issues. To request to join this committee please email the Chair, Alex Cullen at email@example.com