Mandate & Goals
The Francophone Affairs Committee, under the name of Le ComitÚ directeur des affaires francophones, represents a standing committee within the Council on Aging of Ottawa.
More information (in French).
The mandate of Le Comité directeur des affaires francophones is to improve the quality of life of francophone seniors in Ottawa and to enhance their contribution to the community.
- Identify the needs of francophone seniors within the community.
- Recommend the development of programs within community organizations to meet identified needs.
- Centralize and disseminate information to the francophone population on programs and services available to francophone seniors.
- Develop strategies to encourage francophone seniors to participate in activities of the Council on aging of Ottawa.
- Promote networking with all levels of government, community organizations and seniors in Ottawa.
- Create opportunities to actively involve community elders in francophone ethnocultural activities of the Steering Committee and community.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan in order to increase visibility in the community for the benefit of Francophone seniors.