Celebrating Seniors Award
Seeking exceptional seniors! As part of the Council’s vision of ‘respected, informed, and engaged seniors living in an age-friendly Ottawa,’ we have launched a new award. We want to thank those who share our values. They must be residents of Ottawa and over the age of 60. They must be playing a major role in the community.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
• The Committee will select recipients by mid February 2018.
• The winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
• Your name will be listed in the COA e-Newsletter INFO-FLASH.
• Awards will be given at the Award Gala in March 2018.
• Two tickets to the Council on Aging of Ottawa’s Award Gala in March 2018.
• Only one nomination is required for each nominee.
• The nominee must give consent.
• Applications can be in English or French.
Letter of Support
Please provide a letter of support. The letter should:
• Be written by someone who has benefited directly from the nominee’s contribution or by someone knows the nominee well.
• Provide details of the contribution. Include examples of their leadership, community service, commitment, creativity, and influence in the community.
• Be no more than 300 words.
Evaluation of Nominations
A Selection Committee will consider contributions that show:
Leadership: Leadership through planning, organizing or starting a new project or program for seniors and/or the wider community.
Service: A special skill or talent, or knowledge.
Time Commitment: The amount of time dedicated is noteworthy.
Influence: Improves the community and the age-friendliness of Ottawa.
Creativity: The contribution is unique and demonstrates thoughtfulness of senior’s needs.
Phone: 613-789-3577, x.103
Web Site: www.coaottawa.ca