- The Francophone Steering Committee is mandated to improve the quality of life of Francophone seniors in Ottawa through recommendations to the COA and wise choice of activities.
- Analyze the needs expressed through the survey conducted in March 2016 of Francophone senior members in Ottawa.
- Prepare an action plan to respond as effectively as possible to the needs of Ottawa’s Francophone seniors, in cooperation with community organizations.
- Work closely with the Age-Friendly Ottawa Community Action Plan.
- Develop strategies to encourage Francophone seniors to participate more fully in COA activities.
- Collaborate closely in the COA mission and in the achievement of specific objectives to improve how the organization operates.
- Strengthen networking with community partners.
- Organizing educational, informative and awareness-raising talks each year in the form of Lunch & Learn sessions, providing continuing education on various newsworthy topics of interest to seniors that have an impact on their day-to-day lives.
- Holding information and exploration sessions on computer-related topics in the framework of CaféNet for Francophone seniors.
- Producing television programs on the TV Rogers French-language community channel in order to inform the general public of topics affecting seniors.
- Drafting and disseminating a guide to French-language resources on elder abuse (updated annually).
- Holding the Annual Francophone Forum to bring together a large number of Francophone seniors, community organizations and resource persons in various fields in order to discuss a specific theme.
- The Francophone Affairs Steering Committee plans and coordinates projects and activities for Francophone seniors in Ottawa
- The Pilot Committee is responsible for the implementation of projects and activities
- The Francophone Committee of Ottawa against Elder Abuse seeks to raise awareness, promote prevention and provide services in French in the area of elder abuse against seniors residing in Ottawa
Francophone Issues Steering Committee Membership
- Ottawa Public Health
- Regroupement Affaires Femmes
- Centre Séraphin-Marion d’Orléans
- Retraite en action
- FARFO, région d’Ottawa
- Centre des Services Guigues d’Ottawa
- Service d’intervention et d’aiguillage pour les personnes victimes d’abus
- Montfort Renaissance
- South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
- CALACS – Maison de l’Amitié
- Elder Abuse Ontario
- Francophone seniors