- Oct 11 2023 - Nov 20 2023
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Age-Friendly Housing Community Conversations
Welcome to a series of Age-Friendly Housing Community Conversations we will host across the city! We hope you’ll join us!
Older adults are the fastest growing age group in Ottawa. Many older adults over fifty will have different housing needs as they age, such as changing health, and the need for affordable and accessible options.
- What are your biggest housing challenges as you age?
- Have you thought of other age-friendly housing options; what type have you considered and how much planning have you done?
- What type of home and community care supports do you have that would allow you to age safely and comfortably in the community?
- What should the community and the City do to prepare older adults to meet their future housing needs?
Each Community Conversation session will be a chance to explore your journey to find the right solution for your future age-friendly housing needs. We want to empower you to share how your housing needs affect you and your community. It will also be a chance to discuss actions that individuals, communities, and the City can take to build more age-friendly housing options that are affordable and accessible for older adults in the Ottawa region. Your feedback will help us understand the housing needs of older adults and will shape future actions we can take together.
We ask that you register for a community conversation in your neighbourhood. We hope to see you there!
613-789-3577 ext. | poste 3
Manotick Legion | Légion de Manotick
5550 Ann St. | 5550, rue Ann
Thursday, November 2 | Le jeudi 2 novembre
10:30 AM-12:00 PM | 10 h 30 à 12 h 00