Planning for Retirement on a Low Income: What You Need to Know
Whether you are a senior, approaching retirement, assisting your family or just concerned, please join us for this COA Experts Panel on Income Security presentation offered in partnership with the Ottawa Public Library.
The session is being offered at the following locations (follow the links to register):
You need to know how to get the most from income security programs such as Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Canada Pension Plan and Ontario Disability Support. Many financial advisors are unfamiliar with these programs and how they may interact with each other and financial products such as RRSPs and Tax Free Savings Accounts. Learn to navigate the system in this plain language information session presented by John Stapleton, Open Policy Ontario, and/or other members of The Council on Aging of Ottawa’s Experts Panel on Income Security. We will discuss
- What seniors get in Ontario
- What does ‘low income’ mean?
- What does ‘taxable income’ mean?
- How to reduce taxable income or get money back ─ understanding the system
- Protecting a low retirement income
- Why didn’t I get this advice from the bank?
- How do we spread the word?