Do you have experience organizing and MC’ing events?
Would you be comfortable doing a bit of public speaking?
Then we could use your help! We are currently looking for Course Directors who can help host our in-person and online Smart Aging Programs.
The Course Director is the face of the Smart Aging Program. Course Directors attend and oversee the execution of each of the 8 weekly sessions of the Smart Aging Core Program (9 weeks if done virtually).
- Workshops are held on the same day and time for the entire duration of the program. For example, workshops could be held every Tuesday from 1pm to 3pm.
- Course Directors oversee event logistics. They are the first and last ones on the scene. They can expect to work approximately 4 hours per week.
- ahead of the program, confirming event details with the Director of Education (event date/time, facilitators, location/venue, hospitality arrangements, registration list, Zoom link etc.)
- for in-person sessions only, distributing course materials weekly
- for in-person sessions only, conferring with host venue’s staff to ensure room set-up and take down is done properly and that hospitality/refreshments are provided on the day-of
- liaising with Workshops Facilitators to go over sequence of events and assist with the projection of their PowerPoint presentations (Screen Sharing if done on Zoom)
- recruiting a couple of program participants to take attendance each week
- introduction and concluding announcements: welcoming the group, making housekeeping announcements, introducing the workshop topics, recapping content of the previous week’s workshop, reviewing homework, and introducing facilitators
- reporting back on activities (e.g. how the sessions went, any potential areas of improvement/issues that need to be addressed etc.)
If you are interested in this opportunity, click here to apply.