Do you have a background and interest in creating educational materials?
If so, the COA invites you to consider this great opportunity to impact the lives of Ottawa’s older adults. We are currently looking for Workshop Developers to join our Smart Aging team.
Smart Aging workshops are meant to help older adults anticipate and prepare for significant life transitions. Anticipated workshops needing to be developed include such topics as: You and Your Aging Parent, Housing for Renters, Understanding Congregate Living Options, Caregiving, Navigating the Healthcare System, Funeral Planning, Flying Solo (Living as a Single) and more.
Workshop Developers do not need to be subject matter experts. They must, however, have an interest in and ability to research a chosen topic, determine the most important aspects of that topic and how it can be best conveyed in a workshop setting.
- Workshops are normally developed over a three-month timeframe and will require about one day a week of your time throughout.
- Templates are already developed to guide the process.
- Support is provided from staff and committee members.
- Opportunity to work alone or with others.
- Final product includes a workbook, a slide deck and a script for the facilitator.
If you are interested in this opportunity, click here to apply.