Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for The Council on Aging of Ottawa. As a member of the Board, the Chair of Communications provides leadership and support to staff and volunteers related to the diverse communications and marketing needs of the COA.
- Is passionate about supporting and improving the lives of older adults in Ottawa through wide-spread awareness.
- Experience in marketing or communications, preferably in a non-profit environment, is an asset.
- Social media expertise is a significant asset.
- Fulfills all the requirements of a Board Member
- Keeps the Board abreast of all communications and marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with the Communications Staff, the Executive Director and others, as required, to:
- determine and develop a long-term Communications Strategy on a variety of platforms including website and social media
- expand the awareness of the COA and its work
- provide guidance regarding the development of campaigns and events, promotional materials, ongoing communication plans and materials, (written and digital), and brand management
- ensure alignment and support of the COA’s education and engagement initiatives
- strengthen the positioning and effective communication of cross-cutting issues and other COA messaging
- ensure alignment and reinforcement of fundraising communications
- Provides reporting to the Board as required
French language skills would be an asset. We also recognize the diversity of the population we serve and encourage applicants who reflect this diversity.
If you are interested in this opportunity, click here to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.