Workshop 6 – Exploring Housing Options
Consider where you might want to live 2, 5 or 10 years from now, the numerous factors that may influence your preferences and decisions and what options are currently available in Ottawa.
It is a big decision to change your living arrangements at any stage of life, but especially in older age. Planning NOW before a crisis forces you to move, can make the decision easier and help ensure that you will be happy with where you are living in the future. During this session, you will have the opportunity to:
- determine where you want to live 2, 5 or 10 years from now
- understand the considerations in making your next move
- learn about housing options available in Ottawa
- commit to planning now before a crisis forces you to move
Community Support Services
Champlain Community Support Network
211 – Community Information Centre of Ottawa
Financial Help – Province of Ontario
Seniors: Manage Your Finances
City of Ottawa – 3-1-1
City of Ottawa Housing
Property Tax Deferral Program
The City of Ottawa offers two deferral programs for property taxes for low-income seniors and low-income people with disabilities. Eligible homeowners may apply for a full or partial deferral of their annual property taxes.
Ontario Renovates Program
Provides financial assistance to:
- Seniors living on a low-income
- Households with someone with a disability
- Households with senior residents
for home repairs, energy efficiency improvements and renovations that improve the accessibility of their home.