The Ottawa Seniors Transportation Committee (OSTC) works to:
the transportation options for older adults and persons with disabilities in urban, suburban and rural Ottawa
education about transportation challenges and options for older adults and persons with disabilities
community groups to audit neighbourhood walkability and pedestrian safety
gaps in Rural Transportation
for changes in OC/Para Transpo services that support older adults and persons with disabilities
the safety of older drivers
university researchers at uOttawa and Carleton University
the Gotta Go Campaign to ensure access to washrooms in public spaces
older adults with information about transportation options
Reminders for Older Drivers
Tips for Winter Walking
There is nothing like taking a walk to enjoy the beauty of the season – and walking is one of the best ways to keep healthy. On the other hand, winter can be a challenging time of year to get out an about. Here are some tips for safer walking outdoors in winter.
Pedestrian Safety and Walkability
– audits in areas within the city and advocates for changes to make walking safer for seniors and people with disabilities or mobility issues.
– provides information about safe driving for seniors through brochures, information sessions and education.
– identifies innovative approaches to respond to rural seniors’ transportation needs.
- Older adults and interested members from the community representing rural and urban Ottawa
- City of Ottawa: OC Transpo & Para Transpo; Safer Roads Ottawa
- Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
- Champlain Community Support Network; Champlain Community Transportation Collaborative
- South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
- Stroke Survivors Association of Ottawa
Keeping you informed
about relevant news, information, and resources.
Sign-up to receive the weekly INFO-FLASH Events and monthly INFO-FLASH News.